May 26, 2021
Episode 122: I Prefer Smaller Multifamily Assets
- Focusing on small properties can make you more money?
- Why 3rd party management works for small properties.
- Never trust your business to people just because they are friends of yours.
- Finding property management who owns the same property class as yours can be a game changer.
- Look for a property management company with the same goals as you.
- Identify your management team before you acquire.
- Look into the property management that is being used by the property near yours!
- Stabilized assets vs value add - a shift in perspective?
- How offering Wifi to your residents can help with delinquency.
- You can't manage what you don't measure
- Don't be afraid to take the first step, it's ok to mess up sometimes.
- Sometimes you need to take the jump and hope the net will appear.
May 20, 2021
Episode 121: Not all Third-Party Management companies are born equal
- From accountant to Investor to multifamily Syndicator
- How having a 3rd party management company can help you grow your portfolio.
- How to attract and retain the right and long-term tenants!
- Alina shares some of the challenges she faced with the 3rd party management.
- Using storage unit rental to boost your income.
- Residential vs Commercial Management Companies
- How being pets friendly can help with tenant retention!
May 13, 2021
- Ferras's journey from software to real estate
- How to modernize 3rd party property management
- It's better to know the ugly truth rather than have your investment go down the drain.
- There's no quick fix!
- There's less work with retention
- The simple math behind renewals!
- Perks of managing your own property and managing other people's properties at the same time!
- How premiums can help your NOI
Pennies add up to real money!
Websites: https://www.disruptequity.com/ email@example.com
April 22, 2021
-How to go from hating your job to building a business you're passionate about
-Think ahead and plan for your retirement
-Focus on generating income or on allocating income
-Why Jack chose 3rd party management over self-management
-Lesson learned: Always dig deeper before selecting a management company
-Recommendations are important but do your own research.
-When selecting your management team it's important to interview the front liners (maintenance, leasing agent, managers, etc)
-Make sure that the people on the ground/site are well trained
-Why increasing rent helps you get better tenants
-More amenities = Added income
-Intangible value add is as valuable as the tangible ones.
-How to help others and help your community at the same time.
December 4, 2020
-The importance of finding a 3rd party management that knows how to work with the type of assets you own
-Look for a team with an on-staff maintenance crew
-Good accounting systems are vital!
-Establishing a consistent communication schedule with your team
-5 things to ask yourself to figure out if you should replace your management team
-Why retention is the most efficient way to save money and increase income
-Importance of customer service for your tenants
Podcast: Rental property owner and real estate investor
November 19, 2020
- How to get started early.
- Management is a hands-on business
- It's surprisingly easy for the operations to go south if you're not paying attention to it.
- Execution is the key.
- Learn how to manage employees based on their performance not on your emotion.
- 3rd party over self-management?
- Do your due diligence.
- It's always a good thing to ask around or get referrals when selecting a management company.
- People is everything!
- Never expect that everything will be perfect.
- Having a clean and safe property might be a small thing but it can go a long way.
- Retention is key to operations success!
- Taking pride in the ownership.
- It's never the big things when it comes to retention, it's all about the million little things.
- Having a good referral program can decrease your expenses for advertising.
- Be eager to learn.
- Importance of buying right.
August 13, 2020
- Making the transition from 3rd party to self-management
- Know what to look for in a manager
- Get someone who knows what they're doing, not just a warm body.
- Don't hire based on how they talk, verify they can actually perform.
- Find out what you are doing wrong and learn from it.
- Always give back to your tenants
- Be firm and approachable at the same time.
- Company efficiency is a sure way to save.
- Utilities ARE controllable!
- "You are not leasing apartments, they are just boxes, you are leasing customer service"
- How to get leads for free!
- and much more!